Saturday, April 3, 2010

Laura Beth's Sunburst Prelim Pageant

Well Laura Beth had her second pageant Friday, March 26th at 6pm at Foothills Mall. She wore the same pink dress that she wore in the other pageant. I forgot my camera at home this time so I couldn't take any pictures. It turned out to be a nightmare anyway. Laura Beth was just diagnosed with a bad ear infection the day before, so she was irritable and cranky. I doped her up on tylenol and ibuprofen before we left. Sam, of course, works a little later on Fridays so he didn't get home until after 3 o'clock. Well Grace had soccer practice at 5:15, and I had to get Laura Beth ready, and myself. So Sam took Grace to practice, and took Logan with him. That left me with Caroline and Laura Beth. Laura Beth had to be at the mall for registration before 6. We ended up getting there at 5:20 or so. Laura Beth was asleep when we pulled in the parking lot. And I tried to feed her before we left and she wouldn't eat. So of course now she's hungry and sleepy! We have to sit there for an hour waiting for her group to get before the judges. And of course the 1 year olds is always the largest group! Caroline trying to mother her before hand didn't make her mood any better. So of course when it's finally our turn, the kid just gets up there and won't even stand on her feet she's so mad. All she did was waller around on the stage! Of course if we tried to pick her up she screamed. It just wasn't her day. She's more of a morning baby anyway. So needless to say, she didn't win... I was sad for her, but even more so I was so glad to be done! She still won 3rd princess which meant she is invited to the state pageant and her $200 beauty fee is waived. But there are still a bunch of other fees to pay, so I don't know whether we'll be able to afford to do that one. Plus she'll need a fancier dress for a state pageant and those things cost sometimes hundreds of dollars! It's crazy how expensive it gets. I don't wanna go though if I can't afford to do it right, cause I don't wanna go get embarassed! And I want to send a special "Thank you" to her Aunt Katie and her cousins, Peyton, Paige, and Marcus for coming to support her. That meant a lot, Katie, I know how hard that must have been to drag all of them out to come see it. After the pageant all of the older kids jumped on the big trampolines with the harnesses. They had so much fun! But I hardly ever let the kids do it cause it costs $6 per kid for like 5 mins. The only reason they did it this time was cause Katie paid for them to do it! It just hurts me to see all that money get wasted! We went and let all of the kids play at Chic-fil-a afterwards. They always have so much fun together. I wish I had remembered to bring the camera so I could've took pictures of all the fun we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment